Interior Design Coaching Tip Of The Week – Cutting Costs In Your Business
- Invest in technology – faster computers cut your time to get things done. Donate your old machine and recycle responsibly.
- Invest in software that automates processes within your business. I love Studio IT. It is designed for our business and it simplifies the whole process and you can get by with less employees. It is easy to learn and it is worth the investment.
- Invest in education – the more you know, the easier your job becomes.
- Learn how to chunk your activities – most waste in business has to do with time. If you do similar activities at the same time, you reduce your ramp up and ramp down time and you get more done more efficiently. Hmmm…more time to play and you can make more money in less time. Teach your employees this strategy.
- Use couriers. Your time is better spent billing or learning or playing…pay a courier to do errands or tasks that aren’t necessary or high leverage activities. You’ll reduce your car operating expenses and time involved in underproductive activities.
- Cut your advertising expenses and start social networking – it produces better leads more cost effectively.
- Rather than throwing out paper if it is printed on one side, cut it up and use it for your notes.
- Turn your file folders inside out or use a new label on them rather than throwing them out.
- Buy a nice espresso machine instead of going to Starbucks…use real coffee cups and just see how much money you save.
- Plan your shopping trips and errands so you do them all at once rather than a few each day. Better yet, have someone else do those for you so you can concentrate on higher leverage tasks.
Be sure to share your favorite cost-cutting tips.
PS – Remember, every time you post a comment, it links back to your blog when you list your URL or web address. This increases your Google page rank the more you comment on higher ranked websites. Post away…we’d love to hear your thoughts.
CLICK THE KEYWORDS BELOW TO LEARN MORE: